New Years resolutions, are they good? Or do they ask for too much from us? Are they goals or do they make us disappoint ourselves? I haven’t yet met anyone that gets to the end of a year and says they achieved their New Years Resolution, maybe I haven’t met a person who set such a strong one, I don’t know. What I do know is last year I didn’t set any and I can be honest, it was kind of a wash out in terms of things I had actually achieved. This year doing a full flip I have set myself a few goals and check-in points to keep up to date at my progress.
1. Be kinder to myself. Instead of comparing myself to others and saying I’m not where I need to be repeat that everyone is different and on their own path.
2. See friends regularly. They say you are a culmination of the people you surround yourself with the most. I love my friends and family for different reasons and if I’m a mix of them all I would be very happy about that.
3. Look after our home. For me a tidy home is a tidy mind. It’s as simple as that really.
4. Learn and learn. I love learning and growing and being creative. These are things that make me happy and I hope I never stop learning something new.
5. Don’t stop pushing but live in the present. Goals, dreams and achievements all swim through my mind on a daily basis and it’s great for me to have something to aim for. In the same breath and along with this I need to learn the balance between wanting that step further, that ‘better thing’ and living for now and being grateful for the things that are already here.
Until next time,