Well this is a tough one. I recently wrote a 30 before 30 list, ya know before everything, thinking I had from January until September to fit tonnes of activities in, days out and travel experiences in. As the current situations stands it does not look like we are going to be exploring a new place or treading familiar paths anytime soon, which is fine, it just makes me want to evaluate my previous list, and change it a little. So with this in mind, it won’t be a 30 before 30 list anymore, it will be a ‘When Lockdown Has Fully Lifted and It Is Completely Safe To Go Out’ list or the ‘WLHFLAIICSTGO’ list whichever rolls off the tongue easier.
- Disneyland Paris Trip – as you may be aware we had our Walt Disney World Florida holiday cancelled due to the lockdown and as it may be off the cards for a while I would love to visit Disneyland Paris as soon as possible.
- Head into Derbyshire on the motorbike. As passenger on the back of my husbands motorbike to be more precise. Spending the day drinking tea and cake in Bakewell, having some chips in Matlock Bath and take a walk around Chatsworth.
- Visit friends in London. And hopefully go decorate some biscuits at Biscuiteers or go and do The Crystal Maze experience with the husbands.
- Go to Birmingham with my sister. Go shopping in the Bullring and watch a film at the Luxe cinema there.
- Treat myself to a spa session.(It will be for my birthday after all.) I would love to have an overnight stay in a spa hotel and get to fully relax with some treatments and a sauna session.
- Take a friend to afternoon tea. Preferably somewhere we haven’t been before to have a catch up and eat all of the cake they have under those glass domes along with plenty of sandwiches of course.
- Spend a weekend in the Lake District. Take a tour around The Lakes Gin Distillery and go on plenty of long walks -not in that order though.
For now that is it. I think apart from seeing family, which will be first on the agenda when it is safe to do so, they are the places that I have missed the most over the past few weeks. I also read a book recently ‘The List That Changed My Life’ which had a similar narrative of things to do before the character reached 30. Completely different to my list however inspiring all the same.
You might also notice that there aren’t 30 anymore. Due to the shorter amount of time and the fact it will be September before we know it I have had to narrow it down. This hasn’t bothered me to be honest, I might not be able to get 30 things in but I may get other events in that are completely unplanned but that I am 100% grateful for. An impromptu picnic or an evening spent with friends at a great restaurant, sometime the best times are the surprise ones, what do you think?
Have you had to alter any plans or experiences? Or create a new ’30 before 30’ list?