Right now we have no intention of moving house. I know we probably will in the future but at this moment there are a few renovation projects that need finishing before I even look at a potential property purchase. That doesnt stop me from dreaming though and checking out Rightmove and on having lived in our home for a few years there are some things on the wishlist that if we were to move I would love the new place to have. All being said I love our home and the progress we’ve made from moving in to what it is now. It has a roof and walls and does everything it needs to do so we are incredibly grateful. We’re also on the property ladder whereas I understand that’s hard for many people at the minute so I’m very lucky to be having a wishlist for our theoretical ‘next’ home.
This is also a wishlist if money was no object and what I would look for in another property if we are lucky enough to purchase again in the future. I need a bigger house anyway, I need room for all the dogs I’m going to have.
- A downstairs loo. It would be great for parties and when having friends round as they wouldn’t need to go upstairs. We’re not a ‘shoes off’ kind of house (we have a dog and she doesn’t take off hers) but it would be nice if our future house was and we could lessen the carpet wear just slightly. It would also solve the issue of one of us in the bath (mainly me) and one of us needing the loo (mainly him). It’s a bit of a relaxation spoiler I’ll be honest and you can tell me its my own fault for having suuuuuper long baths but hey it is a ‘wishlist’.
- This is similar with the above but a bigger family bathroom would be a dream. At the moment our bathroom is on the small side and although we are lucky it completely functions as it should you can’t have two people brushing their teeth at the same time, there’s just not enough floor space (I know, problems). An ideal bathroom would have a separate bath and walk in shower and if we were going all out I would have enough room for a roll top bath but we could leave that to the 3rd house if need be.
- A utility room – Upstairs. Yeah I said it. I want my washing machine upstairs like the American houses have them. Please tell me why I bring my clothes downstairs, wash them, and then take them back upstairs. It makes no sense to me. I get that it is closer to the water supply but the toilet went from outside to inside and upstairs so I reckon we can arrange the washer to do the same.
- A working log fire in the living room. We could definitely fit one in this house but the amount of mess that it would include, the fact that the tv is on the wall and how small the living room is it just wouldn’t be worth the disruption in this house. It would be great to have a larger living space though one day and have a roaring, cosy log burner to curl up in front of. The dog I mean. Ok maybe myself too.
- A blank canvas. If we bought again I would take the house back to its bare bones and start completely from scratch. We weren’t too far off that when we bought our current home however now I know better and more of what/not to do I know more of what I would do and how I would want it to look.
And that’s only 5 things! I don’t ask for much do I? I am sure if I was to step foot in another house that was a potential future home I would decide on another set of criteria but that’s where compromise comes in (unless you build your own house I guess) and where decisions have to be made. Let me know what your dream home would have either here or on Instagram @lorenjessica_